Subject: Re: Particle system packages...
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 04:01:45 -0500

>Tom Rennen wrotes:
>
>>I just sent a copy of the Sparks Plug-in to Andy at LumaQuest. I can get you
>>one too if you like. I use Sparks myself. It's very easy to use and it is
>>shipping. Iv'e only seen demos of Particle storm so I can't say how good it
>>is for sure. If you you need something now, get Sparks. Thanks.
>>
>yes, I'd like. Please, send me one. I'm going to test some systens before I 
>spend my money. Thanks for all attentions and happy new year.
>
>Leonardo Copello
>Power Graphics
>>
>>

The day I got Sparks, I dove right in and pushed it hard. I uncovered a few
bugs, mostly annoying but not life-threatening. And since it's an earlier
release, these may have already been fixed. Overall, I was very impressed
and found it somewhat addictive. There are a number of example scenes that
will help you get started right away. It is a very powerful and easy-to use
program that will definitely give my animations a kick in the butt. And it's
a hell of a value for the price.

I keep wishing for Sparks to go on into true physics, though. If John
Tindall applied his formidable talents to designing a companion physics
package, I'm sure it would be awesomely bitchin! I think we should all
scream at him until he realizes what a great idea that is.

By the way, Tom Rennen was extremely helpful in getting my copy to me and
then supporting it. He also claims to know John Tindall very well, but I'm
not so sure (just kidding Tom).

  
Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333